Minimum Qualifications Qualifications:
Formal qualifications are not filed for this position. However, the following may be considered minimally acceptable:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related field required.
• Experience in current security tools and hardware/software security implementation.
• Demonstrated experience with Enterprise Network devices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
• Minimum of five years of cybersecurity experience; cybersecurity professional certification is preferred.
Duties Description The Department of Financial Services (“DFS”) is seeking candidates to fill the position of Information Security Officer. The incumbent of this position will be responsible for ensuring that information security policies and procedures are established and implemented to protect the information assets of DFS. Duties of this position will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Develop, implement and disseminate up-to-date department-wide information security policies and procedures to address issues presented by rapidly changing technology;
• Lead a risk-based process for vendor risk management, including the assessment and treatment for risks that may result from partners, consultants and other service providers;
• Manage and maintain a security and risk management awareness training program for DFS staff, contractors, and approved system users;
• Investigate information security incidents, recommend required actions and report breach information to DFS executive management;
• Function as an internal consulting resource on information security issues;
• Participate on teams charged with designing new applications or making major modifications to existing systems to ensure auditability and security are considerations from the inception;
• Understand and interact with related disciplines through committees to ensure the consistent application of policies and standards across all technology projects, systems and services;
• Ensure that security programs are in compliance with relevant laws, regulations and policies; and
• Review and approve all external network connections to the DFS network.
Additional Comments Appointment Method:
This is an appointment to a position in the exempt jurisdictional class. As such, the incumbent of this position would serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
Positions located within the New York City metropolitan area, as well as Suffolk, Nassau, Rockland, and Westchester Counties, are also eligible to receive an additional $3,026 annual downstate adjustment.
Appointment to this position is pending Division of Budget approval to fill.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than August 30, 2019 to the email address listed below. Please include Box ISO-10117 in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
99 Washington Avenue, Suite 301
Albany, New York 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
All candidates that apply may not be scheduled for an interview
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job and the accommodation would not constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency.