28 Liberty Street
Minimum Qualifications Candidates for the position of legal support analyst must possess:
• A Bachelor’s degree;
• Proficiency in fundamental computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel;
• The ability to function as an integral part of an investigative team and work in a group
setting, as well as independently;
• Excellent communication and organizational skills;
• Extreme attention to detail; and
• Prior experience in legal practice as a clerk or paralegal is a plus.
Duties Description The New York State Office of the Attorney General’s (OAG) Medicaid Fraud Control Unit (MFCU) is seeking talented individuals to serve as Legal Support Analysts in its New York City office. The mission of MFCU is to investigate, prosecute and obtain remedies against individuals and corporate entities responsible for improper or fraudulent Medicaid billing schemes, as well as to investigate and prosecute allegations of abuse and neglect of residents in nursing homes and other residential healthcare facilities. MFCU utilizes a team-based approach to identify and investigate fraud committed by hospitals, nursing homes, pharmacies, doctors, dentists, nurses, and other Medicaid providers.
Legal support analysts are part of project-specific teams comprised of attorneys, auditors, and investigators who, from inception through disposition, work together to uncover complex fraudulent conduct for which MFCU holds offenders accountable through both criminal prosecution and civil litigation.
Responsibilities and required skills include, but are not limited to:
• Organizing case files and providing legal and office support, including facilitating court filings throughout the five boroughs and electronically;
• Reviewing and organizing documents and other evidence, as well as utilizing eDiscovery software;
• Identifying and locating potential sources of relevant information;
• Developing proficiency using law enforcement databases;
• Building professional relationships with law enforcement partners and other outside agencies;
• Being adept and creative in the use of search engines and social media; and
• Gaining experience in criminal and civil law and investigations in New York State.
Additional Comments OAG employees serve more than 19.85 million state residents through a wide variety of occupations. We offer a comprehensive New York State benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision and retirement benefits, and family-friendly policies. As an employee of the OAG, you will join a team of dedicated individuals who work to serve the people of our State.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The OAG is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
Salary commensurate with experience.
PLEASE NOTE: Unless otherwise specified in the “Notes on Applying” section, the “Application Due” date associated with this posting is not the last day applications can be submitted. Applications for this position will be accepted by the hiring bureau on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected; recruitment for this position can be closed or suspended at any time. For the most current information on available position vacancies, applicants are advised to review the Office of the New York State Attorney General website (www.ag.ny.gov/job-postings) or contact the Legal Recruitment Unit via email at email@example.com or phone at 212-416-8080.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Legal Recruitment Unit - 28 Liberty Street
Notes on ApplyingHOW TO APPLY
Applications are being received online. To apply, please visit our website at http://www.ag.ny.gov/job-postings. Reference No. MFC_NYC_LSA_6090.
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
• Cover Letter (You may address to Legal Recruitment)
• Unofficial college transcript
• List of three (3) references with contact information and email addresses
• Writing Sample
Please note: Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your application.
For questions about a position with the OAG, the application process or assistance with submitting your application, please contact the Legal Recruitment Unit via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 212-416-8080.
For more information about the OAG, please visit our website: www.ag.ny.gov