Rate Setting Unit
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Supervising Accountant.
Section 52.6 Transfer to Supervising Accountant: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a qualifying title allocated at salary grade 23 or higher deemed eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Section 70.1 Transfer to Supervising Accountant: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate Accountant, Associate Accountant (State Accounts and Systems), Auditor 2 or Auditor 2 (Medicaid).
Duties Description The New York State Education Department (NYSED) is seeking candidates for a Supervising Accountant position in the Rate Setting Unit. This Unit is responsible for working with providers and stakeholders to facilitate the rate setting process and develop reimbursement rates for approved providers of special education programs to preschool and school age students in accordance with Part 200 of the Commissioner’s Regulations. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Generate and design various data reports for dissemination;
• Interpret and analyze data evaluating and recommending policies;
• Process tuition rate appeal and tuition waiver requests; review tuition appeals/waivers prepared by staff;
• Maintain liaison relationships with various offices within the Department as well as with other State agencies,
• Work closely with Supervising Accountants and Unit Director to develop and coordinate office policies and procedures in compliance with reporting and regulatory requirements;
• Provide technical assistance to staff, advocacy groups, and other stakeholders;
• Attend meetings with stakeholders and advocacy groups as a representative of the Rate Setting Unit;
• Represent the Unit and Department on Inter-Agency workgroups and taskforces as necessary; and
• Supervise Senior and Associate Accountants.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $102,661 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by August 30, 2019 to email@example.com (email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (CFO-433/53101) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by August 30, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (CFO-433/53101) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.