Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be a matriculated undergraduate or graduate college student. Documentation of current matriculation and enrollment in the Fall or Spring semester must be submitted with your resume.
• College or graduate student interested in exploring a career in
public health administration
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work on multiple projects with various staff, prioritize
assignments and meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to problem solve effectively
• Flexible and responsive
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Access,
Excel, PowerPoint) and other computer programs as needed
Duties Description The Department of Health is seeking individuals to work in one of a variety of administrative areas including: finance, human resources, legal, public affairs, and/or operations, or in a public health program. Depending on assignment, tasks may include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare documents and reports, including correspondence to
• Design queries and reports using various software programs
• Collect Data
• Conduct data analysis
• Develop statistical summary reports on identified performance
• Create, build and maintain databases
• Update spreadsheets
• Respond to inquiries via email, mail and phone
• Work with various systems to intake and track data
• Assist with special projects
• Other duties as assigned
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit resume and documentation demonstrating current matriculation, indicating your top three job functions (see functions list below), preferably in PDF format, to Human Resources Management Group, DJA/SA/00654, Room 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, New York 12237- 0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395, or by email to Internships@health.ny.gov, with reference code DJA/SA/00654 included in the subject line. Failure to include the required proof of enrollment or information in the subject line of your email or fax may result in your resume not being considered for this position. Resumes accepted through COB Friday, August 30, 2019. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Advertising, Marketing, Media & PR
Customer Service/Technical Support
Health Records Management/Conversion