Minimum Qualifications Transfer Opportunities: Any person eligible for 70.1 transfer
Promotional Opportunities: Any person eligible for appointment from the civil service list
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the minimum qualifications below may be qualified for a provisional appointment.
Appointment: NOTE: If three or fewer interested promotional candidates respond to this notice, the agency may, at its discretion, nominate a qualified employee for non-competitive promotion under the provisions of Section 52.7 of the Civil Service Law. If certified by Civil Service, mandatory re-employment list candidates must be considered first for appointment to this title.
Minimum Qualifications: Must be licensed and registered to practice psychology in New York State and must have permanent competitive of 55 b/55c service as follows:
A. One (1) year as a Principal Psychologist or
B. Two (2) years as a Psychologist 2; Associate Psychologist, or Licensed Psychologist.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Will include, but are not limited to:
• With OHRM and Civil Service, work to recruit and vet new psychologists, assign work location, identify appropriate Civil Service titles, and work to promote psychologists who meet the qualifications.
• Work with Talent Development and Training to arrange New Employee Orientation and discipline-specific training for a very wide array of psychological tasks and also monitor that mandatory updates are maintained.
• Assure appropriate levels of timeliness and quality for these psychological tasks.
• Supervision of various levels of Psychologists
• Oversee a wide number of various capacities to provide informed consent, including behavioral restrictions, medical treatments, DNR/DNI, Jonathan’s Law, and Health Care Proxies.
• Oversee appropriate development of functional analyses of behavior and behavior support plans and development of risk assessments and risk management plans. Also oversee appropriate and timely intellectual and adaptive assessments; for those done by contract psychologists, ensure that scheduling, billing, and other matters are suitably addressed.
• Work to develop or refine new clinical approaches (for ex., DBT classes, new risk scales, etc.)
• Provide oversight to psychologists providing individual counseling and/or group therapy classes.
• Ensure general annual assessments, quarterly reviews, progress notes for behavior plans and counseling are done well and on a timely basis.
• Provide oversight for ITO people as well as persons residing in SRUs, IRAs, Family Care homes, and those living more independently in the community.
• Consult on clinically challenging cases, which may involve working with private agencies, other state agencies, hospitals, or other parties.
• As needed, assure that DNR orders and guardianship evaluations are conducted appropriately and on a timely basis.
• Serve as a key member of the Behavior Management Committee and the Eligibility Committee; may also need to serve on “ad-hoc” committees or task forces.
• Work with the Business Office, as needed, to bid for contract persons and assure that selectees are proficient to conduct assigned tasks.
• Provide guidance to the agency regarding rights restrictions, emergency behavioral procedures, placements, and other topics.
• Oversee tracking of the Psychology IQ/adaptive skills database.
• Work closely with the Chief of Medical Services and Psychiatrist regarding psychotropic medications and medical concerns.
• Oversee all court-related functions, including civil involuntary retentions, suitability evaluations, non-objecting evaluations, CPL 330 retentions and furlough orders, and CPL 730 retentions. Requires close work with Administration, Counsels Office, the Attorney General’s Office, the Mental Hygiene Legal Services Department, and Sunmount’s Legal Department.
• Provide clinical guidance regarding the future of ITO programs.
• Address Department of Health concerns/citations and work with others to develop plans of correction and appropriate monitoring systems.
• Maintain, appropriate supplies (e.g., IQ test protocols) and assure that spending is within current allotments.
• Participate in monthly teleconferences with Chief Psychologist in Albany and other Psychology Coordinators.
• Serve as Administrator on Duty.
• Work with SCIP and Promote instructors to help assure a smooth transition to the PROMOTE curriculum.
• Work with Justice Dept. personnel, as needed, requiring credibility assessments.
• Consult, as needed, with IBR.
• Administrator on Duty
• Response to Retention Issues (On Call), including Holiday weekend rotation.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by September 9, 2019 to:
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 19-144 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.