754 Lexington Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must possess a New York State License to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse and certification by the New York State Education Department in a specialty area to practice as a Nurse Practitioner. Candidates must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs. Failure to maintain licensure, certification and/or Medicaid/Medicare eligibility will result in the termination of employment.
Duties Description • Review referral agency reports, document medical history and perform psychiatric evaluations and documentation; provide infirmary-type care (e.g., examine patient, order, and/or render treatment as necessary and follow-up as necessary)
• Obtain medical histories, perform physical examinations, order medications and procedures; authorize admissions and renders admitting diagnoses. Assist in patient discharge planning, especially in terms of health care needs, meets with patient prior to discharge
• As an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team, participate in and serve as health adviser at
• Treatment Team meetings, as well as assist in patient care and facility operations
• Participate in activities intended to improve patient care and facility operations
• Proficient use of a computer is required for record keeping and documentation
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Avenue
Notes on Applying**If interested in this position, submit a fully completed New York State Examination Application (NYS-APP) to the address above, found at this link: http://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/nysapp.pdf