will travel to all counties
Minimum Qualifications Transfer Qualifications: Any person qualified for a 70.1 transfer.
Promotional Opportunities: Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service List.
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the qualifications may be qualified for a provisional appointment:
Note: If you are appointed provisionally, you must take the next scheduled Civil Service examination for this title and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained.
Minimum Qualifications: For qualified employees of New York State, candidates you must be licensed and registered to practice psychology in New York State AND you must have had twelve months permanent competitive or 55-b/55 c service as a Psychologist 2, Associate Psychologist, or Licensed Psychologist.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Principal Psychologist clinically supervises and manages the activities of the master’s level psychologists in the Sunmount DDSO. The incumbent also provides a full range of psychological services, training, and consultation services to clinical teams, direct support staff, and individuals as needed.
• Convenes meetings of agency psychologists to discuss issues related to the discipline
• Provides technical assistance and direction, and reviews/approves routine care documentation
• Conducts evaluations as required by Licensed Psychologists
• Participates as a member of assigned committees such as the Behavior Review Committee which reviews behavior support plans
• Samples and reviews management of cases, assignments, case problems, issues and methods of treatment by treatment team staff
• Consults with managers regarding issues specific to state operations, voluntary provider issues or matters related to local government or to other local entities
• Participates in planning and assessing training needs for both psychologists and direct support staff members
• Selects and facilitates appropriate ongoing training for psychologist and direct support staff members
• Conducts forensic evaluations, including competency, risk, and suitability assessments as needed
• Attends court proceedings and testifies as needed
• Assists with the completion of second and/or third step reviews to determine eligibility for OPWDD services
• Completes guardianship assessments and documentation
• Attends Fair Hearings or other legal proceedings related to eligibility as needed
• Required to serve as Administrator on Duty
• Assists in tracking behavioral data
• Serves as a member of agency committees per clinical interest and area of need
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by September 9, 2019 to:
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 19-143 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.