Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Senior Physical Therapist.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Senior Physical Therapist. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
70.1 Transfer to Senior Physical Therapist: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in a title SG-16 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for a Senior Physical Therapist in the New York State School for the Blind. Under the direction of the Head of Related Services, the incumbent of this position will perform duties that are instructional in nature and deliver mandated services to students. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Obtain and review student information, including health histories;
• Examine and evaluate student condition, including physical and neurological status; perform and interpret selected tests and measurements to assess individual’s potential and existing movement-related disorders;
• Develop and implement individual physical therapy treatment plans, including treatment goals and anticipated outcomes;
• Select, administer, and monitor therapeutic treatment modalities, which may include heat, cold, light, air, water, sound, electricity, massage, mobilization, and therapeutic exercise with or without assistive devices;
• Conduct and supervise individual and group physical therapy activities and programs to assist individuals in attaining therapeutic goals; and provide instruction and training to individuals in activities of daily living;
• Observe and record student progress, response, and behavior in accordance with program standards; and modifies treatment plans, interventions, and goals as needed; and
• Supervise and train Certified Physical Therapy Assistant.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of licensure and registration as a Physical Therapist will be required at the time of interview for all candidates. Candidates are required to possess a license and a registration as a Physical Therapist at the time of hire. Continued employment as a Senior Physical Therapist is dependent upon maintaining a license and registration as a Physical Therapist. Failure to maintain a license and registration as a Physical Therapist will result in removal from employment. Fingerprinting through the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Division of Criminal Justice Services, a background check with the Office of Children and Family Services and clearance from the Justice Center Staff Exclusion List is required for employment. Fees associated with this process are at the applicant’s expense. The work schedule for this position includes hours of Monday through Friday, 7:30am – 3:30pm.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $71,980 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 4, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (BAT-339/00160) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Ave, 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 4, 2019 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (BAT-339/00160) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.