Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
1330 County Road 132
Minimum Qualifications Currently employed as an Addictions Counselor 1 ~OR~ Current registration as a Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) in NYS and reachable on the Addictions Counselor 1 eligible list ~OR~ eligible for transfer.
Applicants must possess current registration as a Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) in New York State.
**Candidate must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs. Failure to maintain certification and Medicaid/Medicare eligibility will result in the termination of employment.
Duties Description As a member of the facility’s multidisciplinary treatment team, candidate will provide professional addiction counseling and other treatment services to include activities supportive of recovery. Responsibilities for the counselor in this position include, but are not limited to the following
• Occasional back up coverage as liaison between insurance companies and the ATC in conducting reauthorizations;
• Assist in Admissions with screenings, intakes, searches, etc.;
• Assist with case management and may be responsible for a small caseload;
• Patient assessments to include comprehensive assessments;
• Treatment planning to include initial and final transition plans and comprehensive treatment plans;
• Conduct individual and group therapy and maintain all required documentation;
• Lead seminars, workshops and various other clinical sessions;
• Patient record-keeping and case management;
• Quality and performance improvement activities;
• Assist in maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment;
• Assist in dining room duties (serving dinner, facilitate snack program);
• Conduct hourly checks on patients;
• Incumbent will be required to work overtime shifts periodically as needed.
Additional Comments Plus Inconvenience Pay: $575
Dick Van Dyke is a Tobacco-Free ATC.
Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Ave.
Notes on Applying**If interested in an AC1 position, submit a fully completed New York State Examination Application (NYS-APP), found at this web address: https://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/nysapp.pdf (copy and paste to your browser) to be added to the eligible list.
THERE IS NO FEE FOR THIS EXAMINATION.