Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications • Three years of experience providing administrative support;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
• Knowledge of proper grammar, punctuation and spelling;
• Good communication skills and commitment to providing high quality customer service;
• Ability to organize and prioritize work;
• A satisfactory equivalent combination of appropriate experience and education as determined by the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations.
Duties Description The Confidential Stenographer is responsible for the primary administrative tasks related to the delivery of employee, agency and union-requested Partnership training programs. The incumbent of this position is also responsible for activities related to providing customer service over the phone and in person, mail services, inventory, use of office equipment and large photocopying projects in support of 30 staff members at the Partnership.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide extensive phone coverage in a courteous manner, handle routine issues, resolve problems and make appropriate referrals to staff;
• Provide administrative support for online learning and webinar training;
• Respond to requests for information from employees, State agency staff and union representatives;
• Reserve training sites and arrange for classroom space, equipment, parking and accommodations;
• Schedule open enrollment and worksite training classes in collaboration with program staff;
• Screen course training applications, enter applicant information into the registration database, and schedule applicants for training;
• Generate class rosters, course notification letters, etc;
• Prepare course packets and training materials and oversee delivery to sites;
• Enter attendance information from class rosters after course delivery;
• Assist program staff in resolving problems with consultants and training sites;
• Inventory course materials and reorder when necessary;
• Schedule meetings;
• Draft and prepare correspondence and training materials;
• Maintain electronic and paper filing systems;
• Process incoming and outgoing mail;
• Serve as liaison from Support Services Team to several program areas;
• Assist program staff with travel reimbursements.
Additional Comments Free parking is available on-site.
The Governor’s Office of Employee Relations does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, religion, or disability in the admission to, access to, or employment in their programs or activities.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (M.S. Word or PDF is the preferred format). Hard copy via US Mail is also accepted. Please reference the Vacancy No. 73040 when applying.