Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Possession of a license and current registration to practice as a registered professional nurse in New York State AND;
Must be a current, permanent NYS employee eligible for a 70.1 transfer from a competitive title deemed comparable to the Training Specialist 1 (Nursing) by the Department of Civil Service and be within two salary grades, OR;
To be eligible for provisional appointment, must be a current, permanent employee of OPWDD or OMH in the competitive title of Nurse 1 with two years of service, OR a Nurse 2 or Nurse 2 (Psychiatric) with one year of service, OR;
To be eligible for provisional appointment, one year of post-licensure clinical nursing experience, and two years of experience delivering specialized training in a classroom setting.
Duties Description DUTIES:
• Provide 32-36 hour Medication Administration Training to all new employees as well as returning employees as needed.
• Schedule and teach Medication Recertification courses throughout the year as well as develop and distribute all recertification exams utilized by DDSO Nurses for recertification.
• Teach Nursing Triage during both the new employee orientation and recertification medication classes.
• Assist in tracking, documentation and completion of medication certification records for all employees.
• Be a member of the DDSO Nursing Administration Board and the Medical Policy Review Committee.
• Become a Certified CPR/AED/FA instructor, teaching approximately 40 classes per year.
• Teach Maintaining Health that provides an overview of diabetes, chronic and acute illness, plan of nursing services, seizure care and treatment, vital signs, informed consent, skin breakdown prevention, personal care and appropriate ways to clean a variety of body areas, how to address incontinence issues, menses care, catheter care, oral hygiene/dental health, MIPS (medical immobilization protective stabilization), Safe Patient Handling, how to complete and document a body check as well as information on aging.
• Teach, develop or update materials as necessary and perform other duties related to training as requested by Director.
• Assist with the Traineeship Council Committee, collaborating with Human Resources in the tracking of all trainee evaluations, attend the meeting, prepare and distribute all Traineeship Council meeting minutes.
• Have proficient computer skills related to Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, as well as a willingness to learn SLMS, and how to use/troubleshoot video and phone conferencing equipment, upon arrival to the department.
• Provide medication administration, infection control and emergency care training to family care providers and substitute family care providers if requested.
• Assist with new employee training as assigned by the Director of Staff Development and Training.
• Routine travel to the Care Lane office and occasionally to other training locations.
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Family and household member relationships: OPWDD policy may impact eligibility for this position. Employees are responsible for recognizing the relationship and not posting for positions where it would be a concern. Before you apply read Section 120.27 of the Region 3 Policy Manual. Please e-mail ODHPRSNL if you have you need help determining if this policy applies to you.
• CAPA: Must be cleared by the NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment, if position requires working with minors and not previously cleared.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and should fax a current resume to the Capital District DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Please be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume:
Capital District DDSO
Human Resources Office
500 Balltown Road
Schenectady, New York 12304
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease reference the above EOA # 19-781 in all correspondence and include your social security number so we can verify your current or prior state service history and determine transfer or provisional eligibility.