Office of Information Technology Services
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Information Technology Specialist 2 (Programming).
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Information Technology Specialist 2 (Programming). If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Section 52.6 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title SG-16 or above eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department (NYSED) is seeking candidates for an Information Technology Specialist 2 (Programming) position in the ITS Database Unit within the Office of Information Technology Services. The incumbent of this position will perform Unisys mainframe (DMSII) and Oracle database management technical support activities. The activities are performed in the Unisys MCP, IBM AIX, Windows Server, and Windows desktop operating environments. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Support enterprise Unisys mainframe DMSII databases;
• Support enterprise Oracle databases;
• Support Oracle application and data warehouse development and associated development tools;
• Participate in Unisys mainframe and Oracle database troubleshooting and problem resolution;
• Design database work associated with new application development;
• Create database structures associated with application development and enhancement;
• Participate in JAD sessions associated with application development;
• Support the database for application developers;
• Support the backup of Unisys mainframe DMSII databases;
• Recover Unisys mainframe DMSII and Oracle databases as required;
• Create and maintain accurate and timely documentation; and
• Coordinate with internal/external stakeholders, New York State agencies, and vendors.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or transcripts will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $71,980 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 5, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org (Email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-396/01775) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 5, 2019 to email@example.com (Email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-396/01775) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.