Minimum Qualifications Twelve years of experience as a Systems Administrator;
The following degrees may substitute for the general experience as indicated: A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent may subsititue on a year for year basis.
• Master’s in computer science or equivalent
• Experience in an equivalent role in NYS or NYC
• Experience in Health and Human Services Agencies
• Dev Ops
• Experience with Cloud Enablement, IaaS & PaaS
• ITIL Certification
Duties Description The NYS Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) is recruiting for a Senior Systems Administrator for the New York State Integrated Eligibility System (IES) project. The mission of IES is to enhance the well-being of New Yorkers by transforming health and human service delivery through coordinated business practices, modernized technology, and strategic partnerships. Specifically, IES will leverage assets created for the health benefit exchange to improve and simplify the eligibility determination and delivery of health and human services to NYS residents in areas such as: Medicaid, SNAP, Public Assistance, HEAP, and Child Care.
Reporting to the IES Technical Deputy Director, The Senior Systems Administrator will be responsible for managing the installation and maintenance of foundational components of the IES solution, including platform, middleware, and databases.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for administering the overall IES platform that constitutes various middleware components, databases and other foundational technical systems and managing the respective support teams.
• Manage the installation, maintenance, and enhancement of foundational system components.
• Manage the team responsible for various enterprise applications deployment and contribute towards automation of the same.
• Responsible for Monitoring the health & performance of the IES platform
• Performing short and long-range capacity planning to address the various non-functional requirements for the IES programs.
• Manage a team to evaluate whether proposed components meet non-functional requirements.
• Plan and manage various system component upgrades & patching
• Provide technical and architectural support for government/public sector IT operations utilizing ITIL-compliant methodologies for the development and delivery of government hosted IT services and solutions.
• Create and maintain documentation for all major installations and implementations.
• Explore, actively support and work on new technology initiatives that may be of interest to the organization.
• Actively participate in troubleshooting any technical issues that the program may have.
• Perform a full range of supervisory duties
• Other duties as assigned
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
PO Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please submit a resume and cover letter indicating that you are applying for IES Project Assistant (Senior Systems Administrator), Ref. #18561. Please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.