Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Agency Building 2, 11th Floor
Minimum Qualifications Eight (8) years of specialized experience in a business analyst role, including one (1) year of supervisory experience. Education may be substituted for experience as follows:
• Associate Degree in Computer Science or a related field and six (6) years of experience in a business analyst role, including one (1) year of supervisory experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field and four (4) years of experience in a business analyst role, including one (1) year of supervisory experience.
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field and three (3) years of experience in a business analyst role, including one (1) year of supervisory experience.
• Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field and two (2) years of experience in a business analyst role, including one (1) year of supervisory experience.
Duties Description Under the guidance of the Manager Information Technology Services 1, SG-27, within the App Dev .NET section of the Business Solutions Bureau in the Administrative and General Services Portfolio, the Project Assistant, SGE-25, Item #18663 will conduct business analysis activities for the Division of the Budget (DOB) Budget Modernization Project. This project will modernize the Budget Preparation System (BPS) and the Capital Plan Preparation System (CPPS) used to create, manage and track financial budgets. The incumbent will work closely with program staff and all stakeholders to define and develop requirements for the new information technology (IT) system and associated business processes, applying a wide range of specialized knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to elicit, analyze, communicate all project lifecycle activities from initiative idea through to project governance.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Lead business analysis for all project activities including, but not limited to, establishment of timetables for project completion, requirements gathering, defining as-is and to-be business processes, creating process models, validating and verifying requirements, creating functional and technical specifications, and leading testing activities.
• Coordinate with the project team to ensure all required secure Software Development Life Cycle (sSDLC) project artifacts are created and support the project scope. These artifacts include use case models with use cases, logical data model, activity diagrams, interface specifications, business rules catalog, and User Interface (UI) design specifications.
• Identify, document, evaluate and escalate issues and risks in a timely manner to management, including potential options for solution/resolution.
• Develop and monitor test plans.
• Test system functions and document results.
• Evaluate test results for consistency with business and system requirements.
• Identify and document the scope of business process changes or enhancements required by procedural changes or by changes to federal, State or local laws and statutes.
• Review and analyze business process deficiencies requiring resolution during or after implementation.
• Review and write business system documentation.
• Serve as the primary liaison between business stakeholders and IT staff.
• Review training plans and train users on new IT system functions.
• Attend project meetings and provide project updates, details, and clarifications as required.
• Coordinate with the ITS assigned project manager to update ITSM records accordingly.
Additional Comments This position is pending Division of the Budget approval. Some positions may require fingerprinting. Selected candidates who are new or returning to New York State service may be required to pay for fingerprinting fees.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
PO Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingTo apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume indicating that you are applying for Project Assistant (App Dev .NET Business Analyst), Item #18663. In your cover letter, please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications as stated above, and describe relevant experience for this position.