Agency Building 2, 11th Floor
Minimum Qualifications Either:
A bachelor’s or higher-level degree in any field including or supplemented by 15 semester credit hours in computer science with at least 9 semester credit hours in programming languages AND two years of experience in computer programming; OR
A bachelor’s or higher-level degree in any field AND three years of experience in computer programming; OR
An associate’s degree* with 15 semester credit hours in programming languages AND four years of experience in computer programming; OR
Five (5) years of experience in computer programming.
• Experience developing transactional web applications in C# using .NET MVC or .NET Core MVC;
• Experience developing an ORM package using NHibernate/Entity Framework;
• Experience with Oracle Databases.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Manager Information Technology Services 1 within the App Dev .NET section of the Business Solutions Bureau within the Administrative and General Services Portfolio, the Project Assistants, SGE-23, will conduct programming to develop and support the Division of the Budget System Modernization Project.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Design, document, code, test, and support modules of the project in C#, utilizing .NET Core MVC (Model View Controller) and following best practices and portfolio standards.
• Design and develop unit tests and system test plans as needed.
• Develop comprehensive and accurate estimates for work to be completed.
• Ensure developed modules comply with New York State Accessibility policies.
• Identify, analyze, debug, and resolve complex coding and/or data related issues.
Additional Comments These positions are pending Division of the Budget approval. Some positions may require fingerprinting. Selected candidates who are new or returning to New York State service may be required to pay for fingerprinting fees.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
PO Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingTo apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume indicating that you are applying for Project Assistant (BMS Modernization Project .NET Developer), Item #18664 and #18665. In your cover letter, please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications as stated above, and describe relevant experience for this position.