Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Bachelor’s Degree in one or more of the following fields of Business Administration, Finance, Banking:
? Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning, Real Estate Development;
? Public Administration and Policy; Law
Relevant Experience/Knowledge Required: 3-5 years working in government, public policy objectives, business planning, public and private financing programs, business law, environmental policy/ regulations, design and construction issues, real estate development.
Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential.
Proficiency in computer programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of Windows, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of training & development theory and practices.
• Demonstrated platform and facilitation skills in presenting content.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Duties Description Basic Function: Work with industry directors and the division head to assist with providing superior customer service on behalf of ESD to one more assigned industry clusters, key trade association and major employers within those clusters by acting as a resource, and outreach person for ESD. Coordinate ESD’s activities and take a role in developing and implementing pro-active policies and projects within the assigned area(s).
The following work relates to the specific assigned industry cluster(s) assigned to each individual:
Under the direction of a senior industry director
• Develop and maintain a positive relationship with industry contacts with the goal of employing information to form a public private partnership to address what the industry and individual companies need to grow within NYS.
• Conduct corporate outreach and marketing of NYS and ESD to large employers and key industry association and professional groups.
• Identify, analyze, and manage potential expansion, retention and attraction assistance projects.
• Liaise with other government and non-government entities to expedite projects and initiatives.
• Represent ESD at industry functions, conferences and events, and make presentations as necessary.
• Policy development and preparation of recommendations for legislative action.
• Preparation of briefings, analyses and other documents for the division leader.
• Maintain complete and accurate data files on prospects, projects and initiatives.
• Lead and participate in project teams consisting of ESD staff and others in government and the private sector.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.