Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
276 Chiarino Drive
Minimum Qualifications Must be currently in title, eligible for 70.1 transfer, or reachable on Civil Service Eligible List. Provisional appointment may be considered. To be eligible for provisional appointment, candidates must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities and have had one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide 1 or a Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide 1 (Spanish Language).
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide 2 supervises lower-level Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aides engaged in the habilitation and care of developmentally disabled individuals living in an OPWDD secure unit. These individuals exhibit criminal offending behaviors, have severely deviant behaviors, and/or are dangerous to themselves or others. This employee will be responsible for providing these individuals with a safe and secure environment and assisting in the implementation of their habilitation plan.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Function in the role of a DDSCTA2 at Valley Ridge CIT.
• Complete Head of Shift Duties as assigned.
• Serve as a member of the treatment team.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Submit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by September 2, 2019, to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference the EOA #190902B in all correspondence.