Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
249 Glenwood Road
Minimum Qualifications • Any permanent Developmental Assistant 3.
• Any permanent employee who would meet eligibility requirements for a 70.1 transfer.
• Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service list.
Provisional appointment may be considered. To be eligible for appointment, candidates must have you must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities and have had one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Developmental Assistant 1, Developmental Assistant 1 (In Residence Model), Developmental Assistant 2, Senior Licensed Practical Nurse 2, or Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide 2.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This position serves as a second level supervisor of multiple work sites; supervises and works with staff to motivate and attend to the personal daily living needs of the developmentally disabled individuals in their care. They will serve as a point of contact for ensuring treatment teams handle Incidents appropriately and within the required timeframe, ensuring immediate protections are in place and that all issues requiring attention (recommendations, supervisory oversight) are completed. They will assist in completing other duties and special projects, details to be discussed during interview.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform the duties and functions expected of a DA3, including but not limited to:
• Provide supervisory oversight as assigned, including assignment to cover in the absence of team supervisory staff.
• Incident Management follow-up – Gathering documents, completing 147 paperwork, notifications, IRMA entries, implementing protective/corrective actions, follow up on recommendations and answering recommendations.
• Review schedules and ensure optimal resource usage.
• Provide training/retraining to Direct Support staff as needed.
• Provide specific and detailed reports related to staff utilization, including reassignment/work modification as requested.
• Participate in Incident Review Committees and other committees and workgroups as assigned.
• Ensure ATF enrollment, observation, and feedback sessions are completed and submitted in a timely manner, follow up with teams on compliance.
• Participate in special projects as directed by administration, including team level investigations, and short and long-term assignments.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Submit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by September 2, 2019, to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference the EOA #190902C in all correspondence.