Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
249 Glenwood Road
Minimum Qualifications Must be currently in title, reachable on eligible list, eligible for 70.1 transfer, or eligible for provisional appointment.
In order to be eligible for provisional appointment, candidate must have:
1. Possession of a license to practice medicine in New York State (see limited license/permit option under notes); AND
2. Certification by a Member Board of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) in your specialty.
If you meet the Minimum Qualifications, you will be requested to complete a NYS Application. Your education and experience will be evaluated against the general background/critical activities of the position. There will be no written test. It is essential that you describe your education and experience as completely as possible on the examination application NYS-APP form. Ambiguity, vagueness or omissions will not be decided in your favor. If you need more space, attach additional 8 1/2" x 11" sheets, following the same format used on the application form. Additional unsolicited information will not be accepted after the last day for filing.
Your final score must be 70 or higher in order to pass. Rank on the eligible list will be determined after adding any wartime veterans' and Civil Service Law Section 85-a credits to your final passing score.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
As a Medical Specialist, you would actively participate in diagnosing and treating patients within your specialized field and you would advise and confer with members of other disciplines so that patients may receive the benefits of an overall specialized program of care. Medical Specialists 2 serve as senior practicing specialists within a recognized discipline of medicine. This position involves providing medical services to individuals within Region 2, Broome, including to individuals residing at Valley Ridge CIT.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• As leading Doctor, the incumbent will be responsible for the administration and delivery of all medical/clinical treatment programs, including medical, medical ancillary and psychiatric services, by both facility healthcare staff and consultants
• Direct clinical services and overall medical management to a panel of individuals with developmental disabilities.
• Work with medical staff, medical representation on teams, participate in facility wide committees and compliance with all oversight entities, such as OPWDD and DOH.
• Physical medicine and medical-ancillary services.
• Maintenance of accepted standards of medical practice, while ensuring the provision of quality medical care services.
• Full compliance with Office of People with Developmental Disabilities policy regulations, especially as they pertain to operating under Intermediate Care Facility Standards.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
Salary commensurate with experience. This position can be full time or part time with flexibility in scheduling.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Submit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by September 12, 2019, to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference the EOA #190912A in all correspondence.