249 Glenwood Road
Minimum Qualifications Must be currently in title, reachable on eligible list, eligible for 70.1 transfer, or eligible for provisional appointment.
In order to be eligible for provisional appointment, candidate must have:
1. Possession of a license to practice medicine in New York State (see limited license/permit option under notes); AND
2. Certification by a Member Board of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) in your specialty.
If you meet the Minimum Qualifications, you will be requested to complete a NYS Application. Your education and experience will be evaluated against the general background/critical activities of the position. There will be no written test. It is essential that you describe your education and experience as completely as possible on the examination application NYS-APP form. Ambiguity, vagueness or omissions will not be decided in your favor. If you need more space, attach additional 8 1/2" x 11" sheets, following the same format used on the application form. Additional unsolicited information will not be accepted after the last day for filing.
Your final score must be 70 or higher in order to pass. Rank on the eligible list will be determined after adding any wartime veterans' and Civil Service Law Section 85-a credits to your final passing score.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
As a Clinical Physician 2, you would serve as clinical practitioner on an advanced level, provide medical leadership, or serve as director of specific programs. You may oversee a small medical-surgical service or part of a large service or specialize in an area in which there are no specialty boards.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ensures quality medical treatment by professional staff.
• Supervises staff in all aspects of assessments, diagnosis, outcome interpretation and planning of medical care.
• Ensures by supervision and assistance that the documentation and actions of medical staff demonstrate quality and timeliness and reflect the concept of the state regulated processes.
• Responsible for the development, implantation and administration of medical services.
• Directs the entire treatment programs under his/her area of expertise, working with the professional staff in the planning, coordinating and implementing of these programs.
Supervises and evaluates the quality and effectiveness of the professional medical staff.
• Fosters staff efforts to deliver high quality medical care.
• Assigns appropriate goals and medical standards for the facility.
• Ensures the specific treatment and care for each consumer is communicated to appropriate staff.
• Oversees the management of complex consumer situations and ensures that documentation and reporting are prompt and according to policy.
• Responds to potential and actual psychiatric or medical emergencies.
• Provides leadership and direction, discussing consumer medical and/or psychiatric needs with the appropriate medical staff.
• Discusses status and treatment of consumers with parents and relatives.
• Interviews prospective staff for positions to be filled in the facility.
Acts as liaison between Professional Medical staff and other Agency staff.
• Collaborates with other professionals to maintain and improve practice standards.
• Ensures that medical staff maintains credentials in accordance with Agency standards.
• Coordinates medical services with heads of other clinical disciplines.
Participates in or chairs Committees and/or meetings as assigned.
• Attends and participates in the department unit meetings.
• Participates in the medical policy committee developing procedures based on regulations.
• Works with and advises community leaders, organizations and agencies to develop community mental retardation and developmental disability services.
Provides the medical component to investigations in assigned areas.
• Assists with investigations when requested by the assigned investigator.
• Assists in all death and medical related investigations.
• Investigates all complaints regarding consumer medical care that are received by Sunmount DDSO.
• Expected to perform Medical on Call Duties (MOC)
• Assists with the recruitment of Medical Professionals.
• Other duties as needed
Additional Comments Please note:
Salary commensurate with experience. This position can be full time or part time with flexibility in scheduling.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Submit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by September 12, 2019, to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference the EOA #190912B in all correspondence.