Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree plus five years relevant engineering experience. Must be licensed and registered in NYS as a Professional Engineer. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering plus five or more years relevant post-license experience. Must be licensed and registered in NYS as a Professional Engineer. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Familiarity with JD Edwards and Primavera Contract Manager. LEED certification.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
• Demonstrated analytical skills.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Proficiency in PC applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
The Engineer manages the design process and administers professional services contracts for consultants providing design services to the Authority and conducts formal reviews of consultant prepared design documents throughout all phases of building design. Performs periodic quality assurance construction site visits, and provides technical support on an as needed basis throughout all phases of the project.
• Manages the project development during the pre-design and design phases of the project, including meeting with clients and consultants and providing assistance, and managing all aspects of consultant contracts including review and approval of consultant requests for payment, amendments, extensions of schedule and contract closeout.
• Perform periodic site visits to projects under construction and monitor the quality of design and construction work performed by architects, engineers, consultants, contractors and sub-contractors.
• Monitor construction activities including the review and approval of construction change orders and performance of interim and final project inspections on large and complex projects
• Review highly technical designs, plans, specifications, addenda and change orders.
• Review highly technical architectural/engineering reports and studies.
• Review highly technical commissioning reports.
• Prepare commissioning scopes of work.
• Review commissioning payments.
• Provide technical assistance and recommendations to unit staff, Project Management staff and client representatives.
• Coordinate with Project Management to resolve project and/or program issues.
• Perform independent, in-depth investigations of specific problems including architectural/engineering analysis and recommendations.
• Consult with regulatory agencies regarding interpretations and applications.
• Meet with consultants to review and assist them in their submissions.
• Assist in the development, compilation and distribution of technical data.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the design, development, and/or testing of computerized systems/applications.
• Assist in the preparation of internal design work and modifications, sealing documents as required.
• Assist Management in the development of policies.
• Develop, document and implement procedures.
• Assess, develop and implement internal controls, and oversee the review and testing of same.
• Undertake special assignments as directed.
• Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Coordination. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
Additional Comments Supervision
Supervision may be required.
Frequent travel is required travel (three to six days per month on average), using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle or personal vehicle. This travel may include overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. Requires exposure to weather and temperature extremes, loud noises, heights (climbing ladders, scaffolding, etc.) and other work safety hazards (chemicals, fumes, etc.) of a construction site. Must be able to work overtime or extended work hours as needed.
Official station is a standard office environment, including the use of one or more of the following: PC, printer, copier, electronic stapler/hole punch/date stamp, telephone, fax machine, shredder, scanner. Requires the use of field equipment to conduct site visit observations and associated testing.
**Position rates additional $5,054 annual location differential**
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates, please copy and paste the following in your browser to apply electronically: