Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current Division of Homeland Security & Emergency Services employee with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as an Auditor Trainee 1; Auditor Trainee 2; or Auditor 1 and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as an Auditor Trainee 1; Auditor Trainee 2 or Auditor 1; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 13 and above and eligible for transfer under 70.1 or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law.**
**Candidates need to possess 24 credit hours in accounting and/or auditing.
Individuals who are currently 55b/c eligible who possess a bachelor’s degree AND 24 credit hours in accounting and/or auditing may apply for this position. If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter.
Individuals with a score of 100 or above on the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list, who possess 24 credit hours in accounting and/or auditing, are encouraged to apply.
**Successful completion of two-year traineeship leads to appointment as an Auditor 1, SG-18.
NOTE: This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities. Employees on the Civil Service eligible list will be/have been canvassed and. If you are on the eligible list and not reachable, you may be eligible for transfer. You are encouraged to access GOT-IT on the Civil Service website (www.cs.ny.gov) to determine transfer eligibility or contact OGS Human Resources for your transfer options.
Duties Description The Risk Management Unit is responsible for administration of the internal control program and related activities for the agency. Under the general direction of the Auditor 3, the Auditor 1 will have responsibility in the Risk Management/Internal Controls Unit to include, but not be limited to:
• Review program area internal control assessments. Evaluate conclusions and follow-up with program areas.
• Meet with program unit management to assess risks/develop recommendations for actions.
• Meet with internal controls liaisons to provide assistance, guidance and training on internal control processes and program.
• Assess, interpret and disseminate information to agency staff related to the requirements and responsibilities for internal controls in a clear, concise and comprehensive format.
• Assist with training program(s) for agency employees on internal control processes and requirements on an ongoing basis.
• Review documentation standards on a unit by unit basis and determine if adequate support State Archive requirements.
• Monitor developments in internal controls best practices and requirements for State agencies.
• Prepare reports, directives, special studies, correspondence and related documents as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Support of operations during times of emergency and disaster from State Emergency Operations Center (EOC), state field offices and/or local deployments may be required, which would result in a change and/or increase in working hours, locations and/or duties.
*Work schedule may vary based on operational need.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.