754 Lexington Ave
Minimum Qualifications Currently employed as an Addictions Counselor 1 ~OR~ Eligible for appointment from the current Addictions Counselor 1 eligible list ~OR~ eligible for transfer. Applicants must possess current registration as a Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) in New York State
Candidate must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs. Failure to maintain certification and Medicaid/Medicare eligibility will result in the termination of employment.
Duties Description • Functions as member of the multidisciplinary treatment team.
• Provides individual and group therapy and facilitates a variety of clinical activities including facilitating recreational activities as needed.
• Presents/conducts lectures, videos, psycho-educational groups, and specialty groups.
• Functions as a primary counselor, managing all facets of clinical services to patient caseload.
• Intervenes when patients are in crisis and utilizes clinical skills to problem solve.
• Transports patients as needed using NYS vehicle.
• Interviews patients to complete various assessments; clinical record keeping in accordance with ATC operating practices; involves patient in the formation of the treatment plan; and monitors patients' compliance with treatment goals.
• Completes forms, documents, and records efficiently, including discharge planning, while adhering to all applicable confidentiality regulations.
• Provides or coordinates all facets of patients’ care.
• Participates in activities to improve patient care and facility operations.
• Authors procedurally correct patient records.
• Uses a computer daily for patient documentation and other required communication
• Other duties as assigned
Additional Comments Plus Location Pay $3,026 and Inconvenience Pay $575
Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Kingsboro ATC is a Tobacco-Free facility.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Avenue, 4th Floor
Notes on ApplyingIf interested in this position, submit a fully completed New York State Examination Application (NYS-APP) to the address above. There is NO FEE for this examination.
The NYS-APP can be found at this link: