Minimum Qualifications Four (4) years of progressively responsible office experience or general business or other related Experience. College or business school studies/training may be substituted in whole/part.
Duties Description As member of the Compliance Unit, the duties and responsibilities of the Confidential Clerk, are as follows:
1. Assist with the preparation and processing of compliance reviews brought to obtain compliance with the requirements of Article 14 of the Election Law (Campaign Finance), as well as any proceedings or activities preceding or subsequent thereto, including word processing and clerical tasks.
2. Assist with the intake and processing of any filings or documents received by the Compliance Unit, including word processing and clerical tasks.
3. Maintaining and log compliance reviews in various software packages.
4. Create and mail compliance correspondence to candidates and treasurers as applicable. Log returned mail.
5. Advise filers on compliance issues.
6. Scan compliance and campaign finance documents.
7. Log and maintain electronic versions of campaign finance campaign materials.
8. Provide administrative support for the Unit’s Continuing Legal Education seminars.
9. Assist in the preparation of responses to subpoenas for the Counsel’s Office.
10. Assist in the copying and filing of various documents in the appropriate location and maintenance of such filing system
11. Additional assistance to and coordination with Counsel’s Office as needed.
This position requires the ability to handle sensitive matters in a confidential manner. It also requires proficiency at Word and Excel and the routine use of email and a multi-line phone system.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.