Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
9 Old Post Road
Duties Description The Regional Event/Wedding/Farmer’s Market Liaison will be responsible for coordinating weddings, markets and events with clients by marketing and executing event details as it pertains to the facility’s physical layout as well as acquiring and streamlining the needed permits and paperwork to ensure a safe and user-friendly event. Candidate will have a passion for assisting others, excellent communication skills and the ability to remain calm under deadlines. Excellent time-management, detail-oriented and extremely organized are also critical traits for the applicant.
Duties would include but are not limited to:
• Maintenance of accurate lists of all approved (and prohibited) vendors
• Obtaining blanket COI’s, worker’s compensation documentation as well as liquor licenses, health department permits and other permits as necessary for clients and frequent vendors
• Responding to all inquiries with regards to event rental options, showing rental locations to prospective clients and vendors
• Maintaining contact with clients and vendors, Including Farmer Market vendors where applicable, keeping them up-to-date on all procedures and deadlines
• Invoice and collect all deposits and balance payments
• Communicate with facility staff and management to prepare for and oversee the event
• Enter all events and dates onto regional/facility spreadsheet
• Communicate dates and important information to Regional Park Police and circulating final permits to all pertinent parties
• Day-of and on-site presence and management of assigned staff; troubleshooting with clients and vendors as needed.
• Manage post-event inspections, return of damage security deposits and prepare documents/invoice for A/P for any damage
• Manage client evaluation of services toward improving product and services offered.
• Promoting the facilities to increase rentals and revenue
Additional Comments Position is based at either Clermont SHS in Germantown and Staatsburgh SHS (formerly known as Mills Mansion), in Staatsburg.
• Valid NYS Driver’s License as a term and condition of employment
• Must be able to provide 3 letters or reference demonstrating event or wedding planning experience.
• Excellent Marketing, Social Media and Communication/Interpersonal skills
• Excellent customer service abilities and a positive “can-do” attitude
• Strong organizational skills
• Computer oriented with above average skills in Microsoft Office; especially Excel, Publisher and Outlook
• Flexible schedule; able to work weekends and some evening hours
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingIf you feel you meet the minimum qualifications and the Agency’s operating needs and are interested in being considered for this vacancy, you can obtain an Employment Application from your local park office, your region’s administrative headquarters, from the intranet or download an application from the NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation website at https://parks.ny.gov. Please mail your completed application, cover letter and reference letters to the, NYS Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, attention: Jeanne Rock, Human Resource Department, PO Box 308, Staatsburg, NY 12580 or email them to email@example.com. Accepting applications until September 4th, 2019.