Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
1200 East and West Road
Minimum Qualifications PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
• Working knowledge of safety standards and procedures.
• Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
• Candidate will be trained in the operation and maintenance procedures as related to Asbestos Containing Materials.
• Basic computer skills preferred.
• Valid NYS Driver’s License.
Four years of full-time experience in the painter trade under a skilled journey-level position which would provide training equivalent to that given in an apprenticeship program. Apprentice training in the painting trade or training gained by the completion of technical courses in the painting trade at a school or institute may be substituted for the above experience on a year-for-year basis.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Performs journeyman level painting duties in community-based properties and program buildings. The incumbent must be able to work effectively both independently and as a cohesive group made up of other tradespeople in order to achieve the desired goals often within critical time frames. Duties and responsibilities include:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares various building materials and surfaces for final finishing. Includes but not limited to proper preparations by cleaning, sanding, and smoothing by other methods.
• Working knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the painting trade.
• Applies joint tape and plaster to drywall to prepare surface for painting.
• Has knowledge and ability to select and apply all types of primers, paints and other types of finishing’s.
• Ability to estimate quantity of materials needed to perform work.
• Ability to select and use proper tools in performing the trade.
• Responsible to remove and replace various fixtures and furnishings to perform tasks.
• Be able to work off ladders and scaffolds in performing their job.
• Will be required to read and interpret plans, codes, diagrams, architectural blueprints and specifications.
• Will be required to train and supervise others.
• Will be required to plan and lay out work, develop time and material lists for projects assigned.
• Supervise and provide guidance to others with the prepping and painting of such construction projects.
• Must be able to work independently as well as with others in the assigned team.
• Ability to schedule work with other trades to keep jobs on schedule and to achieve the desired outcome.
• Requires daily travel within the district.
• May require some travel within NY State to assist other districts with special projects.
Additional Comments Please note:
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1200 East and West Road