Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Transfer Qualifications: Any permanent Food Service Worker 2
Promotional Opportunities: Anyone reachable on the New York State Civil Service list
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the qualifications may be qualified for a provisional appointment.
Note: If you are appointed provisionally, you must take the next scheduled Civil Service examination for this title and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained.
Minimum Qualifications: One year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Food
Service Worker 1 OR One year of permanent non-competitive service as a Dietitian Technician, Cook, or Institutional Retail Stores Clerk OR Two years of qualifying experience in commercial or institutional food preparation or food service (see examples of Qualifying Experience below)
Examples of qualifying experience: Commercial or institutional food service includes but is not limited to employment in a hospital, school cafeteria, residential dining hall, nursing home, or full-service restaurant. Experience must have included responsibility for food preparation, food service, and ordering of food and non-food supplies. You must sufficiently provide the details of the experience on the application. Vagueness or omissions will not be interpreted in favor.
Non-qualifying experience: Non-qualifying food service experience includes but is not limited to experience in fast-food establishments, serving of food (waiter or waitress), street vendor carts and food trucks, sandwich shops, ice cream shops, or short order food establishments.
• Ability to supervise.
• Reliability as evidenced by review of time and attendance records.
• Review of personal history folder.
• Ability to make independent decisions.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate instructions and information effectively.
• Ability to communicate verbally with supervisor.
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision available.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares modifications for diets. Responsible for preparation of various food items. Ensures flavor, temperature, texture and appearance are within established standards.
• Ensures the Central Tray Line is set up in the proper manner and assist with serving meals as needed.
• Exhibits good communication skills with supervisors, peers, FSWI’s and staff from other departments. Works closely with the Charge Cook (grade 11), Head Cook, to work out any potential problems.
• Works in vegetable room, preparing fruits, and vegetables for the menu or snack items.
• May function in the Ingredient room, checking in and storing deliveries. Measuring food items based on production counts for the meals, and delivering them at the allotted time to the cooks for meal, snack preparation.
• Maintains high level of cleanliness in food preparation and work areas, following established policy and procedures. Cleans as needed or assigned.\
• As assigned will remove requisitioned food from store room and freezer. Will assist in storing these items, ensuring they are dated, and stored properly.
• Supervises FSWI’s in the performance of food preparation and food service activities.
• May be asked to provide services at other locations (RIT and CIT)
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments LIT, RIT or CIT (based on operational needs)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by September 4, 2019 to:
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 19-146 in all correspondence.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.