Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Transfer Qualifications: Any current Habilitation Specialist 1
Any permanent employee eligible for a 70.1 transfer.
Anyone eligible to take the Civil Service examination for Habilitation Specialist 1
Promotional Opportunities: Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service List.
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the qualifications may be qualified for a provisional appointment:
Note: If you are appointed provisionally, you must take the next scheduled Civil Service examination for this title and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained.
Minimum Qualifications: A qualifying Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services and 1 year clinical/or direct care experience or a qualifying Master’s Degree in Human Services.
QIDP standards preferred.
QIDP STANDARDS ARE:
• The Department of Developmental Services (DDS) adopted the federal definition for Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP) in all ICF/DD, ICF/DD-H, ICF/DD-N and DD-CNC facilities when the Federal ICF/IID regulations became effective in October 1988. The federal criteria outdates the state regulations specified in the California Code of Regulations, Title 22.
• QIDP is a staff who is responsible for integrating, coordinating and monitoring each client's active treatment and who possesses:
• (a) At least one year of experience working directly with persons with intellectual disabilities or other developmental disabilities.
• (b) Is either a physician and surgeon, or a osteopathy physician and surgeon, a registered nurse, or a human services professional possessing at least a bachelor's degree in a human services field, including but not limited to sociology, special education, rehabilitation counseling or psychology.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review individualized plans for individuals addressing program service needs.
• Will provide training and hands on assistance in the proper delivery of daily program services and other training as needed.
• Will maintain documentation for individual program services
• Review physical intervention packets
• Trained in debriefing
• Purge and maintain records as needed
• Responsible for ensuring plans, strategies, training procedures and on-going services are developed, maintained and implemented consistently as written.
• Will maintain a good working relationship with other disciplines in the provision of program services.
• Will attend and participate in all mandatory in-service training and staff meetings
• Conduct Chart audits
• Works with team to schedule and facilitate psychiatric consultations
• Other Duties as Assigned.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by September 4, 2019 to:
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 19-152 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.