Minimum Qualifications Two years of satisfactory secretarial experience OR satisfactory completion of a two-year course in secretarial science from a business school registered with NYS Education Department or from a NYS Community or technical institute recognized by the NY Education Department as following acceptable Education practices OR a satisfactory combination of the above qualifications.
Duties Description • Performs office administrative duties: filing, phone and office coverage, photocopy, etc.
• Maintains Deputy Comptroller’s calendar and provides to 15th floor weekly schedule
• Reviews thoroughly Deputy Comptroller’s emails for meeting notices with attachments and events and prepares folder with attachments in preparation for upcoming meetings
• Communicate with Deputy Comptroller while in travel status and be easily available
• Report to Assistant Comptroller in Deputy Comptroller’s absence and regularly assist as needed
• Maintain Reasonable Accommodation and Complaint Access log and ensure all files are secure
• Create and organize both electronic and paper files for both the Discrimination/Harassment Complaint and Reasonable Accommodation program files
• Review and maintain files for any incomplete or missing documentations such as emails, closing letters or other documents and ensure all documents are included in both files. Report findings at staff meetings
• Prepare electronic and hardcopy files and process Reasonable Accommodation requests for lighting, arm and foot rests, mouse and head phones
• Assist OSC Nurse with Ergonomic Assessments
• Arrange for vendor exhibitor booths and displays at events including Black/Puerto Rican Caucus, SOMOS conference and other events as determined
• Organize and put together materials for outreach and recruitment events
• Coordinate and organize OSC Diversity Cultural Events including securing dates and conference room on the 3rd floor for upcoming year’s events
• Serve as Division LAN Admin
• Serve as Division Business Continuity Plan Coordinator
• Order all supplies for Division, maintain financial documentation and work with Assistant Comptroller on reconciliation of procurement card
• Inform Deputy Comptroller on the receipt and due date of Division’s End of Year Reports, Budget and Internal Controls
• Attend internal meetings and events on behalf of DDM
• Other tasks may be assigned as needed
Additional Comments Desired Competencies
• Familiarity with and strong skills in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Knowledge of office and secretarial practices and procedures.
• Good written and oral communication skills; detailed oriented.
• Ability to set priorities, manage deadlines, and work independently.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at all levels of the organization.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 02, 2019. Please reference Item # – 1558 GOER- JFP when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER ID # should not be included.