Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: To provide superior customer service on behalf of ESD to one more assigned industry clusters and the key trade association and major employers within those cluster by acting as an expert, resource, and primary outreach person for ESD, coordinating ESD’s activities, and taking a lead role in developing and implementing pro-active policies and projects within the assigned area(s).
Duties Description WORK PERFORMED:
The following work relates to the specific assigned industry cluster(s) assigned to each individual:
• Develop and maintain a positive relationship with industry contacts with the goal of employing information to form a public private partnership to address what the industry and individual companies need to grow within NYS.
• Conduct corporate outreach and marketing of NYS and ESD to large employers and key industry association and professional groups.
• Identify, analyze, and manage potential expansion, retention and attraction assistance projects.
• Liaise with other government and non-government entities to expedite projects and initiatives.
• Represent ESD at industry functions, conferences and events, and make presentations as necessary.
• Policy development and preparation of recommendations for legislative action.
• Preparation of briefings, analyses and other documents for senior management.
• Maintain complete and accurate data files on prospects, projects and initiatives.
• Lead and participate in project teams consisting of ESD staff and others in government and the private sector.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.