Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree plus three years relevant experience, including one year supervisory experience.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field plus three years relevant experience, including one year supervisory experience. Working knowledge of the building design and construction process. Experience and proficiency in JD Edwards financial management system.
• Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
• Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Proficiency in PC applications such as Outlook, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• High degree of personal integrity.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
The Responsibility Review Analyst performs contractor, consultant and vendor responsibility reviews in order to assess and address any potential risks the Authority may encounter before a contract or purchase order is awarded.
• Independently research various information sources and public record databases to collect and analyze adverse information regarding contractors, consultants and vendors.
• Conduct financial viability assessments.
• Present information and make recommendations regarding responsibility determinations to the Contractor Responsibility Information Officer, the Office of Internal Affairs and Counsel's Office.
• Support the Chief, Construction Contracts in resolution of bidding and contract disposition, performance and termination issues, occasionally acting on his behalf with the Office of Internal Affairs, Counsel's Office, clients and external agencies.
• Participate in the maintenance of the Construction Contract boilerplate and related forms, coordinating changes with the Office of Internal Affairs and Counsel's Office.
• Work with Information Services staff in the development, operation and maintenance of computerized monitoring and reporting systems.
• Assist in the development, documentation, implementation and maintenance of Construction Contract unit procedures.
• Comply with, and ensure subordinate staff comply with, all federal, New York State, Authority and Procurement unit regulations, statutes, policies and procedures.
• Ensure that proper and sufficient documentation of the Construction Contract award process is maintained in the contract files.
• Assist in tracking and reporting Balanced Scorecard measures related to the Procurement unit.
• Identify and apprise management of potential improvement opportunities in the contract award process.
• Identify training opportunities for Procurement staff.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Train and evaluate employees.
• May attend and make presentations at Project Management Directors and Chiefs meetings, cross-training sessions, client conferences and the MWBE conference regarding the responsibility review and construction contract award processes.
• Assist with the development, documentation and implementation of procedures.
• Assist with the assessment/development and implementation of internal controls, and participate in the review and testing of same.
• Undertake special assignments as directed.
• Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Coordination. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
Additional Comments Supervision
Supervision of employees is required. Details to be provided at time of posting notice.
Occasional travel is required using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle or personal vehicle. This travel may include overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. Requires complex and time-pressured decision-making. Overtime or extended work hours may be required.
Standard office environment, including the use of one or more of the following: PC, telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, scanner, electronic stapler/hole punch/date stamp, shredder.
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.