Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
2. Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
3. Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for students.
Duties Description Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Review students’ applications, high school verifications and college transcripts to ensure the student meets the program requirements.
2. Make eligibility determinations based on established criteria for each scholarship program and update the scholarship database with student status.
3. Send correspondence to students, colleges and schools requesting information or providing notification of award eligibility.
4. Assist the unit supervisor with processing schools’ rosters and certifications (certifying students).
5. Update individual student records for the scholarship programs based on supplemental documentation received.
6. Answer questions and respond to email inquiries from students, parents and college administrators as well as HESC staff. Provide general information regarding program requirements/eligibility as well as detailed information on specific student’s accounts. Candidate will work with both high schools and colleges regarding questions on these scholarship programs and the application process.
7. Answer telephone inquiries in the Scholarship Call Center. Provide status updates on accounts to callers as well as answer general scholarship inquiries. Route calls to appropriate individuals as needed. Maintain call log for instances where follow up may be necessary.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments To apply for this position, eligible individuals must send a resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Office Assistant 1 - Grants & Scholarships" in the subject line. Resumes and cover letters must be received by August 29, 2019.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.