Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employee with one year of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service as an Agency Emergency Management Coordinator; OR one year of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Disaster Preparedness Program Representative 3 or Disaster Preparedness Program Representative 4 and eligible for transfer under section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Provisional Pending Exam Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in planning, directing or coordinating emergency or disaster services.
55b/c Eligible Candidates:
Individuals who are currently 55b/c eligible AND possess a bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in planning, directing or coordinating emergency or disaster services may apply for this position. If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter. If this is not provided with your resume, you will not be considered for this position.
Duties Description • Provide agency-wide administrative oversight for Emergency Management and Planning.
• Serve as executive liaison with state and federal disaster operations (DHSES and FEMA).
• Update OGS’ Comprehensive Emergency Management and Continuity of Operations Plans (COOP), Emergency Management Operations Protocol (EMOP), and Mission Essential Functions (MEF).
• Coordinate efforts to implement program policies and ensure compliance with related laws and regulations.
• Ensure implementation and compliance with components of the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
• In the event of an emergency, respond to, coordinate, identify assistance and/or resource needs, and communicate in accordance with the Incident Command System (ICS) and New York Responds (NYR).
• Provide training to all employees to support agency emergency preparedness and continuity of operations.
• Produce correspondence, reports, presentations, and other materials.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to respond to emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Possession and maintenance of a valid Driver’s License issues by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicle is required. Operation of a motor vehicle will be required.
Note: Travel will be required as needed.
Additional Comments If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter. If this is not provided with your resume, you will not be considered for this position.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.