Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employee with one year of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service as an Agency Emergency Management Coordinator; OR one year of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Disaster Preparedness Program Representative 3 or Disaster Preparedness Program Representative 4 and eligible for transfer under section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Provisional Pending Exam Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in planning, directing or coordinating emergency or disaster services.
55b/c Eligible Candidates:
Individuals who are currently 55b/c eligible AND possess a bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in planning, directing or coordinating emergency or disaster services may apply for this position. If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter. If this is not provided with your resume, you will not be considered for this position.
Duties Description • Provide agency-wide administrative oversight for Emergency Management and Planning.
• Serve as executive liaison with state and federal disaster operations (DHSES and FEMA).
• Update OGS’ Comprehensive Emergency Management and Continuity of Operations Plans (COOP), Emergency Management Operations Protocol (EMOP), and Mission Essential Functions (MEF).
• Coordinate efforts to implement program policies and ensure compliance with related laws and regulations.
• Ensure implementation and compliance with components of the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
• In the event of an emergency, respond to, coordinate, identify assistance and/or resource needs, and communicate in accordance with the Incident Command System (ICS) and New York Responds (NYR).
• Provide training to all employees to support agency emergency preparedness and continuity of operations.
• Produce correspondence, reports, presentations, and other materials.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to respond to emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Possession and maintenance of a valid Driver’s License issues by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicle is required. Operation of a motor vehicle will be required.
Note: Travel will be required as needed.
Additional Comments If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter. If this is not provided with your resume, you will not be considered for this position.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.