Duties Description • Conduct guided tours of the New York State Capitol, the Empire State Plaza, the Executive Mansion, the Governor Nelson A. Rockefeller Empire State Plaza Art Collection and Special Tours as needed.
• Give engaging and thorough tour presentations to groups and provide assistance to elderly, disabled and special groups when required.
• Staff New York State Capitol, the Plaza Visitor Center and the Empire State Plaza’s Information Sites.
• Answer questions from visitors concerning sites, activities, etc.
• Keep record of the number of visitors.
• Give directions to visitors regarding the Empire State Plaza, the Capital District and New York State.
• Respond to requests for state and legislative telephone numbers.
• Provide security and safety services for visitors. Insures that the proper safety and/or evacuation procedures are followed in the event of an emergency. Immediately informs Capital Police of any suspicious person, dangerous situation, medical emergency, vandalism, etc.
• Handle administrative duties in Plaza Visitor Center and Info Booths. Take phone reservations for Capitol tours; handle various phone inquiries. Generate tour confirmation letters; keep visitation statistics for all tour sites and generates monthly reports; monitor on-line reservation system. Monitor inventory of Plaza-related tourism brochures, and distribute brochures and posters to Info booths.
• Perform other duties as required.
Shift: Day. Some Saturday work is required.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.