Minimum Qualifications Candidates must have two years of satisfactory supervisory experience in maintenance, construction, landscaping or in a business operation.* Must be at least 18 years of age and have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
*Experience in a business operation must include responsibilities dealing with the public, customer service and daily financial reporting and processing.
Duties Description CRFS 3s are responsible for the entire operation of a large facility, including subordinate staff. They function as caretakers and are to conduct themselves in an ethical and professional manner as the face of the agency for visitors to our recreation facilities, providing customer service that will enhance the public’s stay.
- Must be willing to work undefined hours, ensuring continued operation of your park, with a limited, if any, assigned amount of overtime. Must work all weekends and holidays through the summer, unless otherwise excused. Required to work through Labor Day weekend, as term of employment.
- Must be willing and able to respond to emergencies at the facility regardless of the time factor, day/night.
- Must be willing and able to do manual work in park (such as lifting garbage cans chest high, using rakes and shovels, push lawn mowers, and cleaning toilets). Must assist and manage operation of recycle stations within the campground in accordance with state, county and town laws.
- Must be well groomed, wear issued uniform, as well as work shoes, no sneakers. Issued clothing must be kept clean, presentable.
- Will be required to communicate clearly and professionally with subordinates and the camping public, which includes enforcement of Rules and Regulations.
- Must be willing and able to read and understand the Campground Operations Manual and perform all functions defined within.
- Will supervise 2 or more employees, which includes Lifeguards, beach operation, Park Rangers, maintenance staff, and scheduling. Ensure that staff understand their job duties and any issues/concerns are addressed in a timely manner with clear direction on how to improve performance provided. Making sure to communicate any issues with supervisor. Ensure that LATS are submitted and approved by the Friday after end of pay period. Assignments should always take into consideration the safety of the employees. All injuries to staff must be reported in a timely manner per guidance provided.
- Will be responsible for handling and accounting for all monies: petty cash, day use ticket sales, permit sales, pavilion rental sales, etc. Will be required to operate a personal computer for revenue accounting purposes and permit issuance. All purchases must be done in compliance with the State Finance Law and all receipts should be provided to supervisor in a timely manner with appropriate signatures.
- Will be required to live at campground during period of employment, without exception.
Additional Comments These are temporary positions with a duration of 4/23/20 through 10/16/20. Actual duties, work hours, and schedule will be discussed at interview.
Must have a valid driver's license or demonstrate the ability to meet the transportation needs of the position. Use of personal protection equipment, including a respirator, will be required. Must be able to negotiate difficult terrain, work in remote areas and in adverse weather conditions. Overtime may be required. Weekends and holidays may be required. Must be available for emergency response. Must be available to respond to after-hours emergencies. Must be able to lift and move objects up to 40 pounds. Must reside in State Housing.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.