Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Candidate must have high school diploma and either 1 year of experience in Dental Assisting or have graduated from an accredited program in Dental Assisting.
• DANB Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) preferred.
• CPR Certification.
• 3 years of Dental Assistant experience
Duties Description Position Summary:
The School of Dental Medicine is seeking a Dental Assistant. In this position, you will:
• Serve as chair-side assistant to licensed dental practitioners, and dental students (pre-doctoral, post graduate and residents) in examination and treatment of patients in all phases of dentistry.
• Obtain and replenish supplies, filing and setting up operatories for all necessary procedures.
• Assist in regulatory compliance and keep abreast of new developments, techniques and materials as they come about, and insure adherence to proper infection control protocol.
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.