Minimum Qualifications Transfer
Must have one year of permanent service as a Nurse 2;
Must have one year of permanent service in a title eligible for transfer under § 70.1 of the Civil Service Law;
Must have one year of permanent service in a title within two (2) salary grades of G-16, and have a passing score and current status on the Nurse 2 eligible list to be eligible for transfer under § 70.4 of the Civil Service Law;
Must be active and have a reachable score on the Nurse 2 eligible list.
To apply as an open competitive candidate, please complete the New York State Application (http://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/nysapp.pdf) and submit it with other application materials.
Duties Description Monitors individual’s medical/health needs and services.
• Visits each assigned home weekly (minimally) to provide nursing oversight and complete review of items
• Interacts with primary, medical specialists, various clinical staff as necessary.
• Advocate for individuals’ health care needs
• Maintains ongoing communication with med liaison/designee
• Provides support to residential staff in maintaining health services for the individuals.
• Utilizes appropriate reporting mechanisms/chain of command in responding to individual and/or staff issues
• Completes follow-up including documentation for individuals post ER/hospital visit follow-up
• Reviews, comments, initials and dates lab, x-ray, consults, etc. If indicated completes follow-up with practitioner.
• Provides necessary documentation regarding home visits within established time frames.
• Follows pressure wound policy and documentation requirements.
Provides appropriate nursing services and support/oversight to Residential/Day Hab. staff
• Responds to emergency requests as soon as possible (within and outside caseload).
• Completes nursing assessments and related documentation e.g. RN Notes, nursing log book, etc. thoroughly and within established time frames.
• Provides individual-specific nursing interventions.
• Responds to staff questions regarding individual specific medical/nursing issues.
• PONS are current (for caseload) and signed by staff. All PONS are maintained in computer files.
• Provides health related training/consultation to day program, IES, residential staff.
• Annually for everyone in your caseload, completes: review of medical section ISP, medication audit (each home)
• Keeps up to date regarding changes to medical section on ISP
• Responsible for obtaining individual’s informed consent for medications, as per BDDSOO Policy.
Provides adequate nursing assessment/supervision of DSAs competency regarding individual –specific nursing delegated procedures including medication administration
• Completes initial medication certification and conducts annual clinical performance evaluations for DSAS for procedures that include but not limited to medication administration (Annual Clinical Nursing Evaluation of Nursing Delegated Tasks)
• Provides training for all staff as needed on new/revised medication/policies.
• Provides CMHN, NA and NPC’ with certification/recertification information for data base in a timely manner.
• Completes required medication error documentation and staff medication error remediation
Provides clinical supervision to LPNs
• Provides adequate nursing supervision and completes performance evaluations (as assigned) regarding individual-specific nursing procedures.
Maintains professional skills
• Attends Nursing Discipline meetings.
• Attends/completes on-line mandated DDSO training, as well as available discipline specific training.
• Identifies problems and/or opportunities for personal and/or nursing department improvement (s) and contributes to the development of an action plan.
• Completes special projects/assignments
Additional Comments • Please note, the posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 16 ($50,722), along with any special salary treatments in effect for this position in this location, such as a Geographic Differential ($7,000) and Increased Hiring Salary ($13,835). The posted maximum salary (Job Rate) includes the previously mentioned Geographic Differential.
• This position may also be filled at the Nurse 1 level. Candidates hired at the entry-level title (Nurse 1) may be advanced to the full-performance level (Nurse 2) following satisfactory completion of one-year of service. To be eligible for appointment to Nurse 1, candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice nursing in New York State, possess a limited permit to practice nursing in New York State, or be eligible to enter the examination for such license AND have a score that is reachable for appointment on the Nurse 1 eligible list. The hiring rate for Nurse 1 in this location is $58,028 which includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 14 ($45,455) along with any special salary treatments in effect for this position in this location, such as a Geographic Differential ($7,000) and Increased Hiring Salary ($12,573).
• Nurse 1 and Nurse 2 are filled via a continuous recruitment examination. Information about this examination can be found on the Department of Civil Service's Website at: https://www.cs.ny.gov/nursing/
• The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with any agreed upon Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and the local DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please note that the filling of this position is pending fiscal approval and authorization.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.