Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- A high school diploma or GED AND two years of full-time work experience, one year of which must be in customer service* OR
- Three years full-time work experience, one of which must be in customer service.
Work experience must include typing/keyboarding experience.
*For the purposes of this employment, customer service is being defined as interacting with the general public where your primary responsibility is effectively communicating verbally to explain programs/services, policies, or procedures or resolve customer issues and/or problems.
Qualifying Experience may include call center agent, receptionist, data entry clerk, customer service representative, sales representative providing information, bank officer, or telemarketer.
Duties Description Standard Duties:
As a Senior Employment Security Clerk assigned to New York State Department of Labor (DOL)’s Unemployment Insurance (UI) Telephone Claims Center, you would:
- Instruct customers on the requirements and methods of certifying for benefits including the consequences of failure to certify
- Process claims and make appropriate determinations
- Ensure that the customer understands the criteria for alternative methods of becoming entitled to benefits
- Interact with other offices and governmental agencies to obtain information that may affect customer eligibility
- Provide information regarding the hearing process so customers understand their due-process rights; and explain penalties and forfeitures of benefits
- Respond to business inquiries or complaints regarding UI benefit claims
- Work under the pressure of continuous public contact
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
State Office Campus Building 12, Room 561
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title, location, and vacancy ID #80204 you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Failure to do so may result in the delay of processing your application.