Minimum Qualifications Transfer
Must have one year of permanent service as a Licensed Practical Nurse;
Must have one year of permanent service in a title eligible for transfer under § 70.1 of the Civil Service Law;
Must have a license AND current registration certificate, issued by the State Education Department, to practice as a Practical Nurse in New York State.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Licensed Practical Nurses work in hospital or clinical settings where, using detailed standard procedures and as directed by physicians or registered nurses, they treat patients for a variety of physical maladies to assist in maintaining patient health, preventing and curing illness and injury and alleviating suffering. They also observe patients through the duration of their treatment to obtain information on the physical conditions of such patients.
• Administer all injectable, j-tube and g-tube medications to assigned individuals.
• Implementing and monitoring the g-tube and j-tube feedings, including changing g-tubes as necessary.
• Implementing catheterization orders, trach care, deep oral and pharyngeal suctioning.
• Any additional medical nursing treatment as necessary.
• Assist with medical needs at IRA’s. Other duties as directed by supervisor or nursing administrative staff. Could be assigned to float to other locations depending on staffing.
• Perform “Direct Care” duties as assigned
Additional Comments • The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with any agreed upon Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and the local DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
• Please note that the filling of this position is pending fiscal approval and authorization.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.