Minimum Qualifications Transfer: Must currently be a permanent RN 2;
Candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice nursing in New York State AND have one year of post-RN licensure clinical nursing experience.
Must currently be a permanent RN 1 with one year of post-licensure registered nurse clinical experience;
Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service Eligible List for RN 2.
Duties Description RN 2 provides nursing services to the Developmental Disabilities population residing in our group homes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform daily nursing assessments.
• Act as health liaison with medical consultants.
• Coordinate and schedule medical follow-up, including completion of consultations.
• Provide first aid and emergency nursing care.
• Provide supervision to the LPN’s and the direct care staff on medical issues.
• Provide in-service health training to individuals, family and staff.
• Monitor and order pharmaceutical supplies for each individual.
• Meet documentation requirement i.e. obtaining & transcribing physicians’ orders, daily nursing note, semi-annual nursing summaries, health charts, medication regimen reviews and case review summaries.
• Attend team reviews and present information, as needed.
Additional Comments If you are a RN 1 with one year post-licensure clinical nursing experience, you must submit a NYS-APP when applying for the position. Please note that starting salary for this title reflects the geographic pay differential, increased hiring salary and downstate adjustment.
$70,982 - $80,454 – Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 16 ($50,722), Geographic Differential ($12,871), Increased Hiring Salary ($4,363) and Downstate Adjustment ($3,026). Geographic Differential and Downstate Adjustment added to the job rate ($64,557) for the PS&T Grade 16.
Please reference the above EOA #20-092R in all correspondence.
• The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and Hudson Valley DDSOO regarding the posting of job vacancies.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.