Duties Description The NYS Department of Tax and Finance is actively recruiting temporary employees for January-May 2021. 60 credit hours of college level coursework or 1 year of clerical support experience in a customer service environment preferred.
Under the direct supervision of a Taxpayer Service Representative 2, duties may
include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Open mail and prepare tax returns for processing.
• Process payments for daily
• Resolve routine problems and issues.
• Receive, screen, review, and verify documents.
• Sort and distribute documents, keep appropriate records, and redirect documents as necessary.
• Establish new files
by numbering forms, coding, preparing file folders, and compiling relevant material. Update and correct records and files.
• Create routine reports, (e.g., personal and unit production, or assist in preparation of reports by gathering data, tabulating results, preparing simple charts).
• Operate office machinery, including photocopiers, calculators, computer printers, and scanners.
• Enter and/or retrieve information from computer databases.
•Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Create materials, including, but not limited to letters/memorandums,
emails, and spreadsheets using various computer software programs.
• Research and resolve errors and omissions on tax returns.
• Comprehend complex agency and program policies and procedures.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Additional Comments Positions are available at our Wade Road facility in Latham, NY and at the W.A. Harriman Campus in Albany, NY. The schedule for the
positions are Sunday-Thursday (9:00-5:00) or Monday-Friday (8:30-4:30). The positions are expected to last less than six months and are anticipated to start in January/February 2021. All successful candidates must be fully compliant with all Federal, State and Local Tax Laws, which includes being current with their Tax Return Filings.
Fingerprinting is required as part of the background check prior to appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.