There are no education or experience qualifications for this class. Applicants must be physically able to perform the tasks of the position and able to understand and carry out written or oral instructions. When required to operate motor vehicles, incumbents must process a valid New York State driver’s license appropriate for the type of vehicle being operated.
• Receive, store, distribute and/or ship USDA foods, commodities, and other items upon request;
• Locate and pick products by code, name, pack date and/or best buy date;
• Transport items to an assembly or staging area;
• Palletize orders into compact shipments for customer pickup;
• Load and unload trailers as directed;
• Verify item counts against Bills of Lading and/or order forms;
• Maintain accurate warehouse inventory records;
• Assist in conducting inventories of USDA foods;
• Operate a variety of material handling equipment;
• Maintain records and perform routine preventative maintenance;
• Assist in keeping all facility areas clean and safe;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Possession and maintenance of a valid Driver’s License issued by the NYS Department of Motor Vehicle is required. Operation of a motor vehicle may be required.
• Ability to bend, lift, climb, stand, and walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift a minimum 45 pounds.
• Ability to operate a variety of materials handling equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks. Successful completion of OSHA forklift training and certification is required.
• Obtain and maintain certification in CPR and comply with established safety procedures.
• Flexibility to work in environments of fluctuating temperatures including limited periods outside, year-round.
• May be required to respond to emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Note: Once appointed to/selected for the position, random drug testing will be required for this agency sensitive position.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.