Duties Description The NYS Department of Tax and Finance is actively recruiting temporary employees.
60 credit hours of college level coursework or 1 year of clerical support experience in a customer service environment preferred. Preferred candidates will possess proven experience in a customer service setting dealing with the public in person or on the telephone providing information concerning and/or explaining policies and procedures, resolving problems or reconciling accounts. Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate professionally while representing the department, are essential. Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• wear an audio headset to conduct telephone interviews with taxpayers in order to obtain information and request full payment of assessments, or negotiate Installment Payment Agreements;
• manipulate an alphanumeric keyboard and navigate various PC applications to access and interpret information, update records, create documents, prepare reports and forms, and research and enter data pertaining to case contacts;
• analyze information and facts pertinent to the case, determine a logical conclusion and proceed accordingly with the next appropriate action based upon the taxpayer’s ability to pay;
• communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with the public and Department personnel, to provide information and explanations regarding assessments;
• create and issue legal documents, such as warrants, levies, and income executions, to enforce collection of delinquent taxes;
• interpret and apply the Tax Laws of New York State, Civil Practice Law and Rules (CPLR) and the policies and procedures of the Civil Enforcement Division with respect to the collection of delinquent taxes;
• adhere to the secrecy provisions and confidentiality rules of the Federal and New York State Tax Law;
• adhere to all safety measures related to COVID;
• and adhere to the Department rules and policies including Code of Conduct, ethical practices, time and attendance rules and regulations.
Additional Comments All successful candidates must be fully compliant with all Federal, State and Local Tax Laws, which includes being current with their Tax Return Filings.
Fingerprinting is required as part of the background check prior to appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.