Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Minimum Qualifications Open Competitive - You must have seven (7) years of professional health planning experience in at least ONE of the following health planning areas: Health services research and analysis of health care systems resources, beds, or services allocations or processes of care; Demographics or economics, for the purpose of projecting need for health care facilities and services; Analysis of health care resources, health personnel needs, usage patterns, health services quality, or patterns of clinical care; Health care policy development and analysis on a national, statewide, regional, or county basis; Experience in a state regulated health care facility or governmental agency in which the major portion of the duties relate to the preparation or review of Certificate of Need applications.
**Substitutions: College study may be substituted for up to four years of the required experience, at the rate of 15 semester credit hours equaling six months of the required experience OR a masters degree which includes four graduate courses in any of the following fields may be substituted for one additional year of the required experience; health administration, health planning, urban planning, hospital administration, hospital planning, health policy, or computer science.*
Promotion - You must be a current NYS Department of Health employee with one year or more of permanent, or contingent-permanent competitive service as a Senior Health Planner.
Preferred Qualifications: Ability to work well in a close team environment and to manage multiple projects; excellent written and verbal communication skills; familiarity with health care delivery, Medicaid, managed care, health care quality improvement, and performance measurement; and, experience with health care policy development and/or analysis on a national, statewide, regional, or county basis.
Duties Description This position is located in the Clinical Center in the Office of Quality and Patient Safety (OQPS). Associate Health Planner will collaborate with OQPS staff on various quality improvement programs and initiatives required by State or Federal law, including but not limited to: the New York State Sepsis Care Improvement Initiative, the Stroke Designation Program, the New York State Medicaid Quality Strategy, Medicaid External Quality Review Organization projects, the New York State Patient Centered Medical Home Program (PCMH), Cardiac Services and Office Based Surgery. Duties will include:
• Assisting with the management of current programs, including researching and proposing strategies for addressing technical and programmatic issues, summarizing analytic findings and synthesizing information in policy development, presenting detailed information to internal and external stakeholders, and ensuring regulatory and contractual deliverables are completed as necessary
• Participating in new program/initiative implementation, including researching and interpreting government policies, and providing guidance to staff, contractors, and community partners, as appropriate.
• Developing projects plans and maintaining schedules and timelines for various office programs, including those with annual State and Federal deadline requirements
• Planning agendas, preparing materials, and participating in Advisory Groups, Councils, Workgroups, and other forums to contribute to the deliverables of the office’s programs. Planning for meetings and preparing agendas, communicating with members outside of formal meetings, summarizing meeting contents and actions, completing vetting packages for new and reappointed Council members, and communicating with the Department’s Office of Governmental and External Affairs for necessary updates and approvals.
• Reviewing and editing annual and ad hoc reports and assisting with responding to email and paper correspondence related to program operations and regulations as needed
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingSubmit cover letter and resume, preferably in PDF format, to Human Resources Management Group, LD/63406/AHP, Room 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, New York 12237- 0012, or fax to (518)473-3395, or by email to Resume@health.ny.gov, with Reference Code LD/63406/AHP included in the subject line. Failure to include the required information in the subject line of your email or fax may result in your resume not being considered for this position. Resumes will be accepted until July 30, 2021.