Office of State Assessment
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Assistant in Instructional Services (Biology, General Science 7-12).
Provisional Appointment: For non-permanent provisional appointment, candidates must have a master’s degree AND New York State permanent or professional certification in Biology, General Science 7-12 AND two years of teaching experience in that subject area and corresponding grade levels.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Assistant in Instructional Services (Biology, General Science 7 -12) position in the Office of State Assessment. This Office is responsible for the development and statewide administration of all State examinations for elementary, intermediate, and high school students. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Conduct activities related to the development the Elementary and Intermediate Science examinations and other science exams as assigned, including convening and conducting review committees, participating in committee work and scoring sessions to provide content expertise in development of State exams, reviewing and revising test questions, and working with the Science Content Advisory Panel (CAP);
• Maintain a pool of teacher-consultants to participate as needed in test development activities in science, including training, assigning, and reviewing the work of teacher-consultants to perform a wide range of test development tasks;
• Manage the work of teacher-contractors supporting the development of the Elementary and Intermediate level Examinations and other science exams, as assigned;
• Prepare and review examinations, rubrics and supplementary test materials and monitor their progress through the various phases of development, including translations and printing;
• Partner with Office of Curriculum and Instruction to support the implementation of the New York State P12 Science Learning Standards (NYSP12SLS) and develop materials for new assessments aligned to these standards; and
• Develop guidance and supplemental materials for the field and representing the Department at meetings and projects related to the NYS assessments.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent permanent or non-permanent provisional appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of certification and degree will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $88,124 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-2057/64208) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-2057/64208) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.