Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Experience in performing janitorial services.
High school diploma and experience in performing janitorial services.
• Ability to understand and follow directions.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
Under direct supervision, the Janitorial Services Assistant performs a variety of janitorial and building maintenance services.
• Dust, vacuum, scrub, wax and polish offices, kitchens, restrooms and other interior spaces, furniture, equipment, floors, carpets, blinds, walls, light fixtures, ceilings and windows.
• Remove trash.
• Replenish paper supplies and soap in restrooms and kitchens.
• Collect recyclable paper from cubicles, offices, printers and fax locations.
• Prepare conference rooms for meetings, including setting up and moving wall partitions and furniture.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• May assist with mowing and trimming lawns and hedges, removing leaves, pruning trees, exterminating pests, snow plowing, shoveling and salting of walks and parking lots.
• May be called upon to perform duties in emergency situations, e.g., when the Authority's facilities are affected by fire, severe weather or criminal acts.
• Must maintain regular attendance in accordance with DASNY attendance and leave policies.
• Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Coordination. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
Additional Comments Supervision
Requires exposure to weather and temperature extremes, loud noises, heights (climbing ladders, scaffolding, etc.) and other work safety hazards (chemicals, fumes, etc.). Requires physical mobility (movement from place to place), physical strength, dexterity and coordination. Requires the ability to lift at least 50 pounds. Must be available to work a modified work schedule or extended workday hours.
Standard office environment, including the use of one or more of the following: PC, telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, scanner, electronic stapler/hole punch/date stamp, shredder. Requires the use of buffers, burnishers and vacuum cleaners. May require the use of a snow blower, jlg lift, hand tools, lawn mowers, trimmers and other office equipment.
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please copy and paste the following in your browser: