Minimum Qualifications • 2-4 years of experience in government administration, scheduling, or operations; previous experience with elected officials is preferred.
• Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
• Experience and demonstrated knowledge of current affairs and on all things related to New York State government and the New York State Senate. Preference will be given to an applicant with demonstrated knowledge of organizations and interests that are likely to request meetings with the Senator on a regular basis.
• Sincere commitment to work collaboratively and professionally with Senate District Offices, Departments, and other admins.
Duties Description The New York State Senate Democratic Conference is seeking applicants to fill the position of Administrative Assistant.
The applicant must be based in the New York City Region. Salary is commensurate with experience.
• Perform a wide variety of assignments which may be confidential in nature and require research to complete;
• Greets and directs visitors, resolves routine administrative problems and answers inquiries concerning activities and operations of department/division
• Accepts, screens, and routes telephone calls; maintains log of inquiries as required.
• Performs a range of staff and/or operational support activities
• Sorts, screens, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail and operates a variety of office equipment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.