Minimum Qualifications Applicants must be physically able to perform the tasks of the position and able to understand and carry out written or oral instructions. When required to operate motor vehicles, incumbents must possess a valid New York State driver’s license appropriate for the type of vehicle being operated.
Duties Description Duties for this position within Convention & Cultural Events (CCE) of the Office of General Services (OGS) will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Perform a variety of routine manual labor services related to the operation and maintenance of the Empire State Plaza and Convention Center, Harriman Campus, Harlem State Office Building, and other OGS managed facilities.
• Provide manual labor support for year-round At the Plaza events including concerts, festivals, ice-rink operations etc. Locations include the concourse, the plaza, and other locations as needed. Set-ups include but are not limited to tables, chairs, tents, weights, table-skirting, pipe and drape, signage etc.
• Set meeting and event spaces at the ESP Convention Center and at other OGS managed facilities to support activities. Furnishings include tables, chairs, skirting, and other equipment required. Facilities are set according to the layout provided. Change orders are frequently required and must be accommodated whenever feasible.
• Assist with moving equipment and supplies in and out of the facility and/or assigned storage areas. This may include items ranging from boxes of brochures to delicate works of art, to large, cumbersome displays and sets. Operate stage lift as necessary.
• Provide excellent customer service by interfacing with clients and ensuring room and equipment setups are in keeping with their needs. Report any change order requests to appropriate staff.
• Oversee loading dock area. Ensure the area is clean, safe, and accessible.
• Perform routine maintenance and cleaning duties.
• Provide evening and weekend labor support as needed; perform miscellaneous tasks as required. Remain visible and accessible; work with all CCE and OGS staff members to ensure the smooth execution of all events.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes events evenings, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
• Some travel will be required.
• Overtime is mandatory.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.