Minimum Qualifications Applicants must be physically able to perform the tasks of the position and able to understand and carry out written or oral instructions. When required to operate motor vehicles, incumbents must possess a valid New York State driver’s license appropriate for the type of vehicle being operated.
Duties Description Duties for this position within Convention & Cultural Events (CCE) of the Office of General Services (OGS) will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Perform a variety of routine technical and stagehand labor support services related to the operation and maintenance of the Empire State Plaza and Convention Center, Harriman Campus, Harlem State Office Building, and other OGS managed facilities. Position requires operational knowledge of audio and lighting systems and ability to order, setup, adjust, mix, and dismantle audio-visual equipment and systems used for meetings and events held in these locations.
• Provide technical and stagehand labor support for year-round At the Plaza events including concerts, festivals, ice-rink operations etc. Coordinate with 3rd party service providers when needed to provide technical and stagehand support to Convention & Cultural Events (CCE) programs.
• Provide support to the Senior Lighting and Sound Technician during weekday events and train to be the off-hour audio technician. Training will include full knowledge of the house audio system and sound board (Facility-wide JBL Ceiling Speaker System, Bose 13 Speaker System in Hall, Yamaha CL1 Sound Board/Mixing Console w/Dante.) Mix and adjust sound and audio-visual equipment to ensure proper technical execution of service while protecting the State’s assets.
• Assist in the programming and development of lighting concepts for the Convention Hall. Train on the ETC ION X2 Lighting Console and electrical systems in the Convention Hall. Design basic lighting and light washes ensuring proper technical execution of service while protecting the State’s assets.
• Provide excellent customer service by interfacing with clients and reviewing daily worksheets to ensure room and equipment setups are in keeping with their needs. Ensure all equipment needed is working and set at start of program and make last minute adjustments as needed. Report any change order requests to appropriate staff.
• Perform routine maintenance on sound and audio-visual equipment in the Convention Hall and Meeting Rooms 1-7. Take necessary steps to ensure equipment is in good operating order and report any damaged items to appropriate staff.
• Provide evening and weekend technical support as needed; perform miscellaneous operations and administrative tasks as required. Remain visible and accessible; work with all CCE and OGS staff members to ensure the smooth execution of all events.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes events evenings, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
• Some travel will be required.
• Overtime is mandatory.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.