Please note: State agencies that contact job applicants do not usually request personal or financial information via text message or over the phone in connection with your response to a job posting. If you are contacted for such information by these methods, or any other method, please verify the identity of the individual before transmitting such information to that person.
Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Date Posted 09/07/21
AgencyEnvironmental Conservation, Department of
TitleOffice Assistant 1 (Seasonal)
Occupational CategoryClerical, Secretarial, Office Aide
Bargaining UnitASU - Administrative Services Unit (CSEA)
Salary RangeFrom $13.17 to $13.17 Hourly
Employment Type Part-Time
Part-time Percent 80%
Travel Percentage 0%
Hours Per Week 30
From 8:30 AM
To 5 PM
Flextime allowed? No
Mandatory overtime? No
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Telecommuting allowed? No
Street Address 625 Broadway
Minimum Qualifications There are no education or experience requirements associated with this position.
Duties Description Scan and electronically file documents for Flood Control, Floodplain Management, Dam Safety and Coastal.
• Scan and electronically file standard-size and oversized documents as requested.
• Electronically files and mails documents provided by email, upon request, including certified mail.
• Retrieve and file certified mail receipts.
• Scan and electronically file Flood Control Inspection Reports.
• Update the Flood Control Database with the newest inspections.
• Open and distribute mail for BFP&DS.
• Open and distribute special mail for DOW.
• Answer BFP&DS general phone number and directs calls.
• Cover BFP&DS and DOW phones when supervisor is out.
• On occasion will cover Permits and Water Assessment and Management phones when needed.
• File documents in the appropriate locations.
• Order supplies for BFP&DS.
Additional Comments This is a temporary position currently funded through 3/31/22. Program needs and funding will determine actual termination date which may be prior to date indicated. Actual work schedule and duties may vary and will be discussed at the interview.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.